Last month depressionistheenemy was very kind to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger award. I am grateful for this nomination, and I thank him for it. That is one of the four rules for accepting this blog, but my thanks are sincere. The other rules require that I share the award on my blog, share seven random facts about myself, and tag ten bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers and let them know they have been nominated.
Seven random facts about myself:
- I consider myself a “cat person” and share my house with pet cats. However, I also get along with most of the dogs I know. When I was growing up, my family always had one cat and one dog as pets.
- In my opinion, chocolate is an essential nutrient and should be consumed daily. After all, chocolate rests at the top of the food pyramid, and we always put the most important things on top, don’t we?
- I was recently interviewed as part of a project for National History Day. Two junior high students are learning about Saladin, and part of the History Day requirements is that they interview an expert about their topic. They chose me because one of them has an older sister who has taken history classes from me in college. It’s flattering to be considered an expert, and it’s great that I had a few days to read up on Saladin before the interview.
- I am right-handed, but I do certain tasks with my left hand, such as operate the mouse on my computer. I do this because of a pinched nerve on the right side of my neck that causes occasional pain along my right arm. I have had physical therapy for this condition, and still need to practice stretching exercises to reduce the pain (although some days I forget to stretch).
- I think of politics as a spectator sport, although three years ago I was considering a campaign for the United States House of Representatives. Among the politicians I have met and shared conversations are my current United States Senator, my former United States Senator while he was still in office, my current United States Representative, my former United States Representative while he was still in office, a former Governor of my state while he was still in office, my current state Senator, my current state Representative, and the mayor of the largest city in my state. I also have spoken with a former President of the United States (and there is a photograph of our conversation.)
- I have a strong behavioral addiction to Sudoku and play it online, sometimes several times in a day.
- As a child, I took piano lessons and can still play the piano. In junior high and high school I played trombone in the school band and orchestra. Also in high school, I taught myself to play the guitar—acoustic guitar, rhythm (strumming the chords). I have written a few songs over the years.
Ten blogs that I want to nominate for this award:
With that in mind, I nominate:
- “What Katie did next” at https://katiereablog.wordpress.com/
- “Maria, a gentle Iconoclast” at https://pilgrimsprogressrevisted.wordpress.com/
- “Messages from the Mythical” at https://madelynlang469.com/
- “The Dictionary Dutch Girl” at https://dictionarydutch.wordpress.com/
- “Elihu” at https://elihuscorner.com/
- “pearlgirl” at https://infjramblings.wordpress.com/
- “Ally” at https://mylittlepieceofquiet.wordpress.com/
- “Authentically Aurora” at https://authenticallyaurora.wordpress.com/
- “kaleidoscope49” at https://kaleidoscope49.wordpress.com/
- “Clara’s Coffee Break” at https://clarascoffeebreak.wordpress.com/
I admire all of you for your writing ability and for your perspectives on life. I wanted to say a few things about each of your blogs, but this post was getting too long already. J.