Several years ago I started writing a book to be called Seven Mysteries of the Christian Faith. My notes for that book are probably in a box somewhere in the house, although any actual writing I accomplished was on a computer that no longer works.
This summer I decided to make a fresh start on Seven Mysteries, and on Saturday I typed the last word of the first draft. Obviously, like any book, this one will need several corrections and revisions before it is ready to be published. I have decided, though, as I do the initial clean-up of the work, to post Seven Mysteries in several installments during the next four weeks. I would appreciate any reactions and suggestions. I’m not inviting endless debates on the theological statements in the book, with which you may or may not agree. But if something I wrote needs additional clarification or support, or if something is confusing to you and needs to be rewritten, by all means make a comment and let me know what needs to be improved.
I have not decided yet whether I will take this to a publisher, use a self-publishing resource, or just set it aside on a new WordPress blog. Whichever I do, some of the following statements need to be made, and for this second-draft version I am making them here:
• Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
• No republication of any section of Seven Mysteries of the Christian Church in any form is permitted without express permission from the author.
• Any reader is free to disagree with any statement in this book, provided that such disagreement, if expressed, is worded in courteous and gentle language.
• Your mileage may vary.
• Offer good only on weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• No names have been changed, because only One is innocent. (Credit to Isaac Air Freight for that one.)
• Not available in stores.